New Soon to Be Race Car

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Soon to Be Race Car
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:16:39 -0500
Well, add one to the family.  I was called by a Triumph friend the other day
(one who does not deal with Spitfires) and was asked if I wanted a free spit
(gee, now lets think about that)  The only condition was that I could not
part it out and it had no title, with the main idea of my making a race car
out of it.   He is out of town for two weeks but I should shortly be
receiving one more basket case to add to my troubles.  As such I am looking
at building an inexpensive race car (very inexpensive).  What is the best
resource for info on this.  Also I looked at the SCCA rule book yesterday
and it allows Spitfires competing in prepared D producion (I think that is
how it goes) one Zenith or one SU carb.  Where do they get one SU carb from?
these cars have never been built with one SU (or am I once again wrong)  Is
this an error?

What about info on vintage racing?  Also is there an SCCA rule book online
anywhere?

Patrick Bowen