RE: New Soon to Be Race Car

To: "'rallred@inconnect.com'" <rallred@inconnect.com>,
Subject: RE: New Soon to Be Race Car
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:05:23 -0500
Robert, I think you missed my intent somewhat.  My intention is to race for
the enjoyment and in autocross currently.  I have seen so many people that
go to invest entirely too much money on their car and then never get to
drive it.  I know one person that is doing this to his car and I will be
able to beat in a stock spit because he drives like a granny.

I need to get into the sport for the smallest amount of cash possible, to do
otherwise would prevent me from doing it at all, then you would have one
more spit on the scrap heap.  i will probably run a stock engine for a while
until it goes. Lets get out and race and then I can improve as I go along.
I will probably spend my time mainly at weekend SCCA events, will I be beat
probably.  But the rush I will recieve will be incredible and will keep me
active and going for it.

You have to ask yourself why.  Why race, why try.  If the answer is because
you are determined to be an average driver in the absolute best car go for
it.  If your answer is to be the best driver in a car that is not so special
that is pretty cool.  I want to do it for the fun.  i don't want to do it to
win every race (it would be nice) i want to know that I am an awesome driver
that is capable of driving MY car at 110% of its ability.  Otherwise my name
would probably be on a NASCAR somewhere oweing money to the bank.

as the say
Carpe' Diem

Patrick Bowen