Wood steering wheels

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood steering wheels
From: "Andrew Holmes" <holmes_law@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:56:01 PST
Hi all -

I've asked some of you this before, but how 'bout round two:

My wife wants to buy me a present:  a wood steering wheel for my '67 mkII.
I'm open to any and all suggestions re: size and make.  I have the original
(and badly deteriorating) plastic wheel now, and I'm looking for the closest
to the three-spoke, 5-hole Formula wheel as possible.  I've seen pictures of
the moto-lita 3-hole, which looks okay, but should I be looking at others,
as well?  Who else makes an original looking wheel that will fit early(ish)
spits?

I also assume that for originalists, the flat wheel is preferred over
dished, but any thoughts on size?  (no comments about size not mattering!)
Moto-lita makes 'em in 13, 14 or 15 inch increments.  Anybody have these?
What works the best?

Thanks for the thoughts,

-Drew