Re: Spitfire 1500 year?

To: "Tom Harvey" <tom@tomh.demon.co.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 year?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:55:09 -0800
Well this ought to be easy enough!

There should be commission plates and such on the car-and those numbers
while they won't say "02/02/74" or whatever, do have a  definite order and
date the car. There's the plateon the engine and the plate on the body-

Also, I have a marveloous little book by Michael Cook that explains the sylt
differences between each year-and they don't change much-except that a Mk3
and an MkIV would be very different-MkIIIs having a round tail and MkIV a
sleeker line and a square tail-you can get find all sorts of information on
this at www.vtr.org/models.html  as well as at our beloved Joe Currys
site-the International Triumph Spitfire Database at
http://home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html

I would tell you where to find the comission plates myself, but I see that
you are in the U.K. and I think they were in different places from the U.S.
spec cars-mine are on the engine block-*I think* top left and in the drivers
side door jamb.

Hope this helps!

Laura G. and "Nigel"