Re: to those autox-ing spits

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to those autox-ing spits
From: "Dave Williamson" <ctautox@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:10:54 EST
From: "James Libecco"
>If I go to street prepared, i read the rules to allow backdating
>of the engine.  If so what is the ideal carb set up?
>my guess would be 1.5" SU's.  If so, then I need a cam, but
>cams are "must be of original manufacture".  If this is the
>case, and the case is to allow back dating of the engine,
>then what is the ideal cam to put in my engine.

IIRC, the engine _in_its_entirety_ can be up/backdated. Head, block, and
everything inside. Same thing with tranny. If you want the cam grind from a
'67, you must use the whole '67 engine. If you use a non-stock cam, that
puts you into Prepared.

OTOH, intake and exhaust from the head out are "free". You can use SU's,
ZS's, Webers, whatever. I believe you may even use EFI.

HTH,
Dave W.
Spits in bits
(and a D Stock Neon ACR)