Re: Bench Bleeding and Soft Top Installation

To: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@wolfenet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bench Bleeding and Soft Top Installation
From: "John Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:14:11 -0700
Just did a master cylinder on a 1500 ('75)

I just installed it dry, with no nothing.  Hooked up the lines to the
proportioning valve, and then filled the resevoir and let gravity feed the
lines for me.  A bit messy, but it worked.  I had previously made great
pains to ensure that the lines when disconnected stayed full from the
I then used a vacuum bleeder to suck brand new fluid to each wheel cylinder
(along with what air there was.
>From the angle of the dangle on the master cylinder (being somewhat uphill)
I presumed a self-bleeding master cylinder, although I cannot find that in
print anywhere...lurkers?
At any rate - I have about 1/2 inch of travel on the pedal and then it firms
up real nice over the next quarter inch.

John
'75 Spit (Sputter)(I'll have it on the road by summer or I'll know the
reason why!)