Re: formula for compression

To: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Subject: Re: formula for compression
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:41:59 -0700
There was a good program on how to determine the compression ratio on
"Performance TV" on the The Nashville Network a while back.  As I
recall, they used a liquid to fill the cavity of the head in order to
get that part of it exact.  If you watch that program (or it might have
been one of the other Car related TNN programs) they will probably
repeat it, they usually do several times.

Regards,
Joe Curry

ScottBarr8@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/9/99 2:28:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
> PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil writes:
>
> <<   I need the
>  formula for figuring compression.  Ted Schumacher gave it to me and I lost
>  it.  I am trying to do this this afternoon so if someone could blurt it out
>  real quick I would appreciate it.
>   >>

> I'm probably too late for you, but I'll give it a shot.
>
> Volume 1 plus Volume 2 divided by Volume 2: where Volume 1 is the volume of
> the space above the piston crown from bottom dead center to the top of the
> swept area (1/2 of bore dimension, squared, times Pi, times stroke) and
> volume 2 is the volume of the combustion chamber, plus several CCs for the
> crushed head gasket plus the volume of the space in the cylinder above the
> swept area to the deck.  Sound correct?  Best I can do at the moment I'm
> afraid...
>
> No domed pistons, right?
>
> Scott
> ScottBarr8@aol.com