Re: formula for compression

To: PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil
Subject: Re: formula for compression
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:59:26 EDT
PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil writes:

<<   I need the
 formula for figuring compression.  Ted Schumacher gave it to me and I lost
 it.  I am trying to do this this afternoon so if someone could blurt it out
 real quick I would appreciate it.

I'm probably too late for you, but I'll give it a shot.

Volume 1 plus Volume 2 divided by Volume 2: where Volume 1 is the volume of
the space above the piston crown from bottom dead center to the top of the
swept area (1/2 of bore dimension, squared, times Pi, times stroke) and
volume 2 is the volume of the combustion chamber, plus several CCs for the
crushed head gasket plus the volume of the space in the cylinder above the
swept area to the deck.  Sound correct?  Best I can do at the moment I'm
afraid...

No domed pistons, right?

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com