Tranny tunner cover

To: bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny tunner cover
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 21:42:27 -0500
The OD transmission is a bit longer than a regular one.
On OD cars the floorpan sheet metal is cut back
about 3 or 4 more inches, and a curved metal plate
attaches over the hole.  The rearmost part of the
paper tranny cover overlaps the front end of this plate.
You can easily make up one from a piece of sheet metal.

I installed an OD tranny in my MK IV.  I got the cover
plate with the tranny, but I had to take some tin snips
and cut the floorpan...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit