Vanishing Water.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Vanishing Water.
From: Dean Rayner <deanr@saville.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:16:24 +0100
Hi

I have a strange cooling problem.

My original Stanpart radiator sprung a leak, so I replaced it with a
second hand 'Coventry Radiator Co.' radiator. (after-market patten
part)

Since then, every time the engine gets hot, ie. worked hard, coolant
escapes past the radiator cap and into the expansion bottle. The
engine over heats and I have to top it back up with water before
continuing.

I have checked the cap and it is a 13lb one as it should be.

What do you think is happening?  Is the cap which worked fine on the
Stanpart radiator not sealing properly now??

The new (old) radiator does not seem to have as many cooling fins as
the Stanpart one. Is it not as efficient and therefore boiling up too
easily?

Your combined wisdom would be very appreciated.

Dean Rayner
MKIII Spit '68