Re: Hypothetical Question

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:52:01 -0400
Hang on there kids..   The guy who it was stolen from has apparently been
compensated by the insurance company for the loss (since the insurance company
is apparently the "owner" now).  One would hope that he has taken that money
and bought himself a nice Spit to replace his stolen car.

The insurance company on the other hand has taken the loss, parlayed it into
some sort of enormous tax advantage (clever buggers that they are) and, one
would think, has absolutely no interest in getting their hands on a rusty old
car that has almost zero value at the auction house.  It literally would not
bring enough money to pay for the hassle of "processing" the car.

If it's really proving to be a karmic stumbling block for you, do this:  Call
the old car a parts car, which is exactly what it was at the wrecking yard, buy
a rough car with a title and swap your good bits into it.  Then you don't have
to touch the rivets ever..

Again, either way no harm, no foul in my book.

JS