Re: Hypothetical Question

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
Fred,

All the suggestions I've read are good ones. Just one
more piece of advise (maybe it's obvious but): If you
do contact the DMV and Insurance Co. get everything in
writing if you arrange a deal. Start a paper file and
keep it with your other important information.
Documentation, should a dispute arrise, will be your
best friend.

--Rick

--- Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com> wrote:

> Here's a hypothetical question from a guy I know
> very well.  He
> wishes to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.
>
>       "Suppose the man's son bought a Triumph from a
> wrecking/parts
> yars in 1990 unknowing that it was a stolen vehicle.
>  He has the
> intention of restoring it. The son died in 1991
> having left the car in
> its sad state.  No receipt can be found for the car,
> although the father
> knows where it was bought and for how much.
>
>       The father now wants to restore the car, but when
> checking with
> the motor registry department (in Canada) finds the
> car is still listed
> with the RCMP and insurance company as
> "Stolen-insurance write off"."
>
>       How would you approach this theoretical,
> hypothetical question?
>
> Cheers, Fred
> --
> Fred & Wendy Griffiths