Re: Front Suspension

To: dmitchel@ford.com
Subject: Re: Front Suspension
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:37:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/99 7:55:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
dmitchel@ford.com writes:

<< Before quitting for the night, I sprayed it with rust
 remover. If the bolt still won't come out, does anyone have
 any suggestions? >>

I just ran into the same thing on my GT6.  I hit it with a hammer to no
effect (I knew better, but couldn't help myself), stuck it in a small arbor
press and pressed until I was blue in the face.  Eventually, I got in there
with a hack saw and cut the bolt.  The bolt rusts to the steel sleeve.  When
you reassemble it, use something to delay the rust, like Never-Sieze -- I
used Syl-Glide (sp?) since it was handy.  We'll see how that works in a few
years.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com
72 GT6 (with nice new poly bushings -- Thanks, Ted!)