Re: Oil pan gasket, and misc.

To: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Subject: Re: Oil pan gasket, and misc.
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:11:04 -0600
Hi Glen,
        The answer is yes.  The question was "> Hi all-
> I was wondering If anyone knew if it was possible to replace the oil pan
> gasket on my 1975 1500 with the motor in the car. Are there any special

        My MK IV is sitting up on blocks right now with its oil pan off while I
wait for
new thrust bearings.  It is really very easy.  Only bolt difficult to reach
under
(above) the frame crossmember.  Use a flat wrench.   Sockets work on all the
rest.  No
need to jack anything but the car - and block it of course.

        Do check those thrust washers!
Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths