Re: Your Spitfire

To: Metallian6@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your Spitfire
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:12:34 -0700
At 07:42 PM 5/17/99 EDT, Metallian6@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 5/17/99 6:03:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>savercool@email.msn.com writes:
>
><< BTW-Nigel has manual choke too-I love people asking me what that knob is
> for-followed by, "why don't you change it to automatic?"<g> >>
>
>My '62 Sprite is still manual choke as well. People look inside my car and
>ask me about almost all the knobs. I get a weird look sometimes when I tell
>them "you pull that knob there to start the car." I guess alot of people are
>used to these modern luxury cars. That's ok I wouldn't change anything about
>my little car either.

        Folks REALLY get confused when they look at my railroad motorcar.  I've
got levers and buttons and knobs all over the cast aluminum control panel
in the middle of the engine cover.  One lever for the belt clutch drive,
one for the brake, and then we've got two more levers for throttle and
timing advance.  Of course we're not complete until you add a pull choke
knob and a knob for adjusting the fuel/air ratio.  All this in the cabin of
the motorcar. :)

        It's an adventure to learn to get them to run on the rails the first
time.
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |