Re: lotus elise

To: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: lotus elise
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:41:36 -0400
 Laura G. and Nigel wrote:

> Actually, the designation "Spitfire 4" was the original Spitfire-from
> 1962-1964. There were around 22,000 made though I can't find a number on
> U.S. sales.
Right...that was the original designation.

Then the MkI came along for around 2 years-there were about
> 45,000made and 19,000 in U.S. sales.

I may be wrong here, but I thought that the Mk1 was sort of a retroactive
naming of the orignal Spitfire 4 because the second version was actually
the Spitfire4 Mk2.

I like these two early models and the
> 1500-though I suppose that to have a true collection, one should go after
> one from each model-and maybe year!

I like your thinking, but (and please don't take this the wrong way) you
are far too narrow-minded in your thinking. What about a TR2 or TR3, TR3a,
TR4 or TR4A, TR5 (well I'd rather that than a 250!), TR6, and TR8. Then, of
course there are those lovely little Heralds and Vitesse's, the 2000's,
and...and... will the madness never end :-)

Cheers
Keith with his little start

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
  \ R I U M P /
and a 1968 Triumph Trophy 250 motorcycle.