Re: Front Spoiler

To: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>,
Subject: Re: Front Spoiler
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 12:47:44 -0400
At 11:49 PM 5/5/99 GMT, Neil McAllister wrote:

>Hi Atwell,
>
>Could you please describe this valence you mention.

OK here goes.   First, assume you are lying on your back under the car,
with your head towards the front.  (Not that uncommon for most of us, is
it?) Under the factory spoiler (or more accurately, air dam/kerb feeler)
are five bosses that receive the valence mounting hardware.

Towards the rear of the car, under the bottom of the slanted radiator, a
metal reinforcement (similar to those along the top of the side valences)
runs along the valence edge. On the left and right sides of the valence,
vertical 'walls' are folded in.  These provide stiffness, and also allow
the valence to be fastened to the frame rails on either side, with four
largish sheet-metal screws (you will see the holes).

So if you could step back and look, the valence can loosely be described as
a peacock-tail shaped thing.

[OK you can get out from under the car now.  Hope you didn't get too greasy!]

Let me know if you need a better description.  I warn you, I am WORTHLESS
at ASCI II art!

+++++++

The metal crossframe you mentioned is actually ABOVE the position of the
air dam. Also, each of the holes in my frame have rubber plugs inserted
into them...I'm sure to keep moisture & corrosion out!

Sincerely,

Atwell Haines

Neil Asked: