Power struggles

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Power struggles
From: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:34:05 -0600 (MDT)
I finally out my spitfire back together and took my first drive of the
year over the weekend.  It still has a problem that I had hoped I fixed
last fall.  When traveling on the freeway my power dies out at about 70
MPH it fourth gear.  I don't notice any power loss through the RPM range
in any other gear.  Last fall I found my carb (ZS CD40) full of sludge, so
I thought it was fuel starvation.  I've cleaned the carb and added a fuel
filter.  The carb was professionally rebuilt about 2000 miles ago, though
it may be in need of adjustment.  Anybody have any suggestions on what
might be causing this?

Andy L.
'70 Spit