Re: Strange Electrical Phenomena

To: DANMAS@aol.com, moag@ix.netcom.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Strange Electrical Phenomena
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:42:44 -0400
At 11:09 PM 10/19/98 EDT, DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

>Atwell,
>
>You did well!

Thanks <blush>  I resisted throwing the Lucas Smoke Theory in there...

>You turn on
the hazard flasher, but you didn't turn off the turn signal. Immediately, the
wipers, fan, and the radio start pulsing on and off. I had a '68 Plymouth
>that would do just that. The designers added hazard flashers as part of the
>Governments regulations, but didn't  think to isolate them. These were
>Chrysler designers, not Lucas!

I had one 'o' those Plymouths... if you wanted to listen to the radio
without the ignition on, you threw the flashers and turn signal on, stepped
on the brake (to stop them from flashing), and listened to your 'tunes'!
Kind of handy in that way. Foot got tired after a song or two, though.

Atwell Haines
"Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a Mechanic!" - "Bones" McCoy, Star Trek