Re: 8 Inch Ford Mustang Rear Problems

To: Jim Brucato <mgbv8fun@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 8 Inch Ford Mustang Rear Problems
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:27:05 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim-

I have the same rear, but without posi- where is the oil coming from? The vent
or the pinion seal?

Front seal can be replaced without pulling the engine, but you will probably
have to pull the radiator. The timing cover must come off to do the job. Replace
it with a neoprene seal, not rope. If it is the rear seal, you're on your own, I
have never done it, but it looks like an engine pull.

Jim Stuart