Re: Tire Sizes

To: Rick Huber <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Tire Sizes
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@ecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:56:38 -0700
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Rick, I have 195x60/15 Avon tires on my B.  They are mounted on 15" x 6"
Dayton wire wheels (72 spoke).  Yes there is some rub.  I can tell you that
when they rub you are hanging on tight, and if you have a passenger in the
car,  the passenger would rather be watching from the curb!   When the
"rub" happens and my wife is with me I get one of those "looks", you know
the one, "if you ever do that again.................".

The rub is audible but I really haven't noticed any marks on the tires.  I
am told a pan hard rod would eliminate the problem.

Larry Hoy
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"