geez

Re: Useage ratings

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Useage ratings
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:07:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/01 6:35:34 AM Central Daylight Time, schumi@vcn.bc.ca
writes:

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Bob Monday wrote:

 > Trimming before the start and after the finish significantly affects
 > usage. That's the first thing I'd suspect.

<< Thanx Bob. When do you trim before the start? I trimmed like 0.3 sec off
 frm before peak start acceleration and the map got all out of shape and I
 couldnt get it to look good again. >>

I find that using auto start, there is no reason to chop the start off. If
you do, only take off the zero speed area, as soon as you have speed, GEEZ
needs to know you are accelerating. If you have poor useage for the launch,
like a bunch of wheel spin, you could take off some of the roll out, but then
you would need to set a start speed other than zero. You could take the speed
reported by GEEZ right before the acceleration spike, before you trim the
start, and then use that as your start speed and chop the start at the same
point as speed you took. I have found that chopping off just the finish,
right where the useage falls, or where you transition to braking occurs after
the finish line depending on the course layout seems to work the best.

My results have been very consistent. I usually drive all the way back to my
grid space before thinking about GEEZ, and the 20 seconds of zero useage
usually makes it say 50% usage for the run before I chop it. After the chop,
my typical three runs show a climbing usage as I get better at the course.

Gary M.
95 Celica ST

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list