geez

[Fwd: Re: Print problems]

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Print problems]
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:29:35 -0700
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Print problems
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:31:53 -0300
From: "Ray Bastille" <rbastill@nbnet.nb.ca>
To: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>

Hi Byron,

Well not sure what was going on. I had not tried to reboot
as I was able to
print from my word processor, photo editing software, and
the help system
within Geez, but I tried that after you mentioned it, and
still couldn't
print. The printer is on another PC in my home network, so
first I tried a
different printer I have direct to my PC. This worked fine,
then I moved
the 722C to my PC. In that process I also downloaded the
latest drivers
from HP (V10.3) and that worked fine direct. Then moved the
722 back to the
other PC upgrading the driver as well and again it worked
fine. The only
thing that changed recently on my PC was the upgrade to Geez
V2.6 and an
upgrade of my email client, and nothing changed on the PC
serving the
printer. Either way it is working now and just wanted to let
you know.

Ray Bastille

PS Just noticed this is going direct to you, no problems to
post to the
list if you want.

At 11:43 2001/6/7 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey Ray,
>
>I haven't been into that part of the software in ages, which
>is not to say it's impossible for me to have broken it.
>(I'm a master at breaking stuff!)  But I can tell you that
>it still works the same way that it always has on my HP 4000
>printer.  The DeskJets are a completely different series,
>but I've never had trouble with them before either.
>
>Is it possible that another application changed the
>printable area of the page, and that your printer or printer
>driver is now trying to make everything fit on a page it
>wasn't designed to fit?  Are there margin selections in your
>driver?  And of course, I'm sure you've already re-booted
>everything and tried again... (the Windows magic pill for
>everything).
>
>I don't have a super idea of what's going on, but with the
>data shifted a bit on every other line it sounds like the
>printable area is different on the printer than what the
>driver expects.  Since it worked before there must be a way
>to get it back in synch, but I'm not that good at the
>specifics of DeskJet printers/drivers.
>
>Let us know how it works out!
>
>--Byron
>   888-909-0818