RE: Ztherapy carbs, etc

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ztherapy carbs, etc
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:08:11 -0600
Mike H. <twobeaners@earthlink.net> wrote:
 >3. This new starter has me inspired to consider the Z-Therapy carb rebuilding
 >and the Boone "dizzy".
 >Lots of money there, but after putting $8k into it the last 25 years, it's
 >really too late to avoid being "upside down". I've re-built the carbs myself,
 >no big deal except without the slick re-finishing and dome/piston matching.
 >But I like the idea of ball-bearing throttle shafts! Same with the
 >distributor, totally disassembled inspected for wear and reassembled with
 >... I could use some moral support/encouragement in order to shell out
 > another grand for these items I probably don't need. Comments?

  Dizzie: 40k miles on cap/rotor. No more points/dwell adjust on the side
of the road because nobody makes decent *@(&#(!* points any more. Cold
starts easier, high rpm's smoother.
  Carbs: depends on the condition of yours. If the shafts leak like a sieve
and you can't get a good idle, yep, think about replacement.
  I'd strongly recommend getting Gary's dizzie - he's done a lot of research
to put the best parts in 'em; springs, (right cam), seal(?), etc.. Very
nice. I don't think you'll find too many people that have tested, checked,
and re-checked dizzie assemblies like he has. Having been thru a couple of
(used) dizzies before I put one of his in, I'd say you stand to gain more
by his expertise in the dizzie build, than you will by having the roller-
bearings on the Ztherapy's. Not to belittle ZT; I've got them too! Since
you already know SU's, I'd recommend saving a little bit, and just buy
the throttle body from them (I think they still do that?).

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org