Re: Gary Boone dizzy with Jacobs?

To: "John Friederich" <j.f@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gary Boone dizzy with Jacobs?
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:10:30 -0700
I believe distributorless ignition have the plugs wired directly to the
coils (1 or 2 per cylinder) rather than having the distributor telliing the
1 coil  when to fire and directing the spark to the correct cylinder.  It
should work as the GB dizzy switches from point gap driven ignition to
magnetic or optical trigger and the dwell determined electronically. The
pro-street would probably burn out the points in a mechanical dizzy with
it's hotter spark necessitating a electronic ignition to begin with.

Steve 70'1600