Re: Cop stories

To: Datsun-Roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cop stories
From: The Gammons <gammon@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:42:26 -0500
Over 25 years ago, I was coming over a hill on the Garden State Parkway,
having just blown off an Alpha Romeo and was clocked doing 85 (20 over the
limit)

The cop loved my white 69 2000 with a blue racing stripe and let me off, but
asked how fast I had gone cause he noted I was decellerating quickly when he
got me on radar, and I told him, 130. The Alpha couldn't do that. He almost
gave me a ticket anyway. He thought, maybe 100.

I had the factory race cam, cleaned up flow SU carbs and a free flow header
exhaust with a pick up truck muffler. Tuned her for speed by trial and
error.

Very fast. Had to sell her to keep my life and license. Too immature. Car
later got burned up in a garage fire.

JimG