RE: No Top Logistics - Any Good Tips?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No Top Logistics - Any Good Tips?
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:43:04 -0700
Hi Eric,
        I have a Tonneau cover that works really well to keep the rain out.
I also have a waterproof cover.  I bought my cover from JC WHitless and its
actually pretty compact when stowed.  There used to be someone on the list
that worked for one of the big car cover companies maybe they will reply and
help you out.
Or you could just be crazy like Ken Pletcher and drive everywhere rain or
shine in a no-top no-windows no-heater roadster... I think maybe he doesn't
get cold cause he's drunk all the time???
        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA

Oh wait was that a personal attack????

$-----
$
$Hi List,
$
$
$
$Here's the deal:  My car has no soft top, but I have a hard top.  I am
$considering driving the car from SoCal to Monterey next week, but of
$course, I would rather not drive up the coast with the lousy hard top on
$the car!  But then, of course, I am taking my chances with mother
$nature.
$
$
$
$I have a car cover, which is not waterproof.  To address being
$potentially caught in some precipitation, I am considering purchasing a
$plastic tarp, which I can throw over the passenger compartment before I
$put on the car cover.  At this time of year in California, the most
$likely precipitation would be a light rain or very heavy marine layer.
$A deluge is pretty rare in the middle of summer.
$
$
$
$I know that there are several roadster owners out there without any tops
$that have doubtless had to deal with this obvious conundrum!  Any tips
$on how to most responsibly deal with such irresponsibility?  (.Or, feel
$free to berate me for my proposed idiocy!)
$
$
$
$Eric Hankinson