Re: Body/Frame Alignment

To: "Cindy Wilson" <cinwilso@dtccom.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body/Frame Alignment
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:34:17 -0400
You have to be very careful when lifting the body as the brake lines, fuel
lines and other bits are still connected. You'll need to slack off the
emergency brake or disconnect it as that may be the tighest fitting part
between the body and the frame.

I used 2 floor jacks to lift the body using 2x4s to spread the load and lift
the body fairly evenly.

I must say that when I removed the body on my car using a cherry picker it
lifted the frame right off the floor until it went plop back on the floor
but that was w/o a drivetrain installed.

Do it little by little evenly front to back as you wouldn't want to bend the
body.

BTW, most of these cars are mounted a little cock-eyed and in the front the
left and right sides are not =.

Mike