Body/Frame Alignment

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body/Frame Alignment
From: "Cindy Wilson" <cinwilso@dtccom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:40:15 -0500
Hello Roadster Owners. My name is Guy Wilson and I recently purchased a 1970
2000 . This is my second roadster as I already have a 1965 1500 that was
mostly complete when I bought it a few years ago. I have been what you call
a lurker on the list since optaining the first car . Many of the items
discussed have been very helpful as I learn more about these cars.

The body on the 2000 is mis-aligned to the frame in the front by about 1
inch and in the rear by about 3/8 inch, needing to slide left.  Since I'm
not ready for a frame off  restoration yet, I thought I could loosen the
body ( I found 7 mounts per side) and slide it over. Well, it didn't move
with two of us lifting and pushing. Did I miss loosening something or is
this just not possible to do since the rubber is old and taken a set into
the holes?  I figure someone has tried this and can provide some helpful
info. Thanks

Guy Wilson
1965 1500
1970 2000