Re: battery problem on '69 1600 (I hope)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: battery problem on '69 1600 (I hope)
From: "lonestar" <lonestar@cmc.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:10:43 -0700
> I told him to put my old battery back in and that I would not darken their
> doorway again. That was about 10 years ago and I haven't been back.

Back in my VW days, I went to Sears for a Diehard for my bus (desert
cruiser). I selected the *appropriate* battery (big, beefy and
maintenance free) and the sales-geek wanted to know what vehicle it
was for. When I told him, he informed me Sears could not sell that
battery to me because it was not the one their book said I needed. I
asked him if I was just looking for a battery for my electric
trolling motor, would he sell it to me then. He said no because he
knew I would just put it in my bus anyway.

I've never owned a Diehard since.

-- lonestar