Re: Any new opinions on the 350Z?

To: aavery@rica.net, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, CalSpeed@aol.com, SLBESQ@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Any new opinions on the 350Z?
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:56:05 +0000
Actually, I don't mind the M3 coupe.  It reminds me of the MGB GT - both in
idea, and the fact that the fastest MGB you could get was the GT V8, and the
fastest M3...

I wouldn't get one, though.

These days, like many other brand names, the Z has changed from it's initial
idea.  Look at the first Toyota Corolla, and look at the latest ones.  They
now have the Starlet to take over the role of the old Corolla - a little
"entry level" car.

Similarly, Nissan have replaced the Z with a car that most of you guys can't
get: the 200SX (Silvia) with the turbo-charged SR20 motor.  In my eyes, it's
the true successor to the 240Z - an inexpensive sports coupe with excellent
handling and truly good performance, for the money.  The Z?  It's now a
flagship.

Of course, if you really want a 6 under the bonnet, you could always get a
Toyota Supra... (ducks for cover!)

And it's obvious that the Datsun roadsters have been replaced in spirit by
the MX5 (Miata).

Me, I'll stick to carburettors, live axles, and that RAW edge that comes
with a 1960's vintage sportscar.  Who cares what the world of technology
brings?  8^)

Oh, I don't like the 350Z shape, I do like the Audi TT, and if I get a
modern car, it'll be some four door thing to carry crap around in - why have
two sportscars?

Cheers,

Steve the Luddite
'68 2000 Solex - daily driver!