Re: Any new opinions on the 350Z?

To: " roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any new opinions on the 350Z?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:01:01 -0600
Stephen McCartney wrote

>These days, like many other brand names, the Z has changed from it's initial
>idea.  Look at the first Toyota Corolla, and look at the latest ones.  They
>now have the Starlet to take over the role of the old Corolla - a little
>"entry level" car.

My first car was a 1977 corolla with a 1200 cc engine.  Pretty
bullet-proof, but couldn't get out of its own way.  The Starlet they
released in the US in the 80s was a front-engine rear-drive car. It was
the entry-level and didn't seem too common.  The Corolla has gotten too
big as has the Civic and the Sentra.  Guess I'll have to wait for the new
Mini if I want a proper size automobile ;^).

Roadster content:  Took "The Kid" out to the TDROC Kerrville run  There
was a modest turnout of 7 Roadsters, and (here's the odd part) none were
red.  Nice to have the car back on the road after almost a year, and the
weather was perfect, partly cloudy and mid 70s.  There was more
socializing than driving, and that was fine too! Good to meet up with
folks again and meet some new ones.  Liesure suit Terry was taking
pictures, I bet we'll be seeing them fairly soon.

-Marc T.