Re: Sid's opinion (diatribe) on the BMW Coupe, Z3 and 350Z

To: The Belgian Roadster <chriss@euregio.net>
Subject: Re: Sid's opinion (diatribe) on the BMW Coupe, Z3 and 350Z
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:10:40 +0100
The last 300ZX twin turbo gained some "respect" in Europe
but with a price of $60K it wasn't that easy to sell when
you could buy a 911 for the same price. Same thing with
the 240Z. In 1973 a 240Z cost $8000 and a 911 $8400.

Datsun did some rallying in Europe during the 1970's to
early 90's with various success where the Sunny/Pulsar
GTi-R did some good results. Toyota sold probably at
least a million Celica's in Europe. I think now all Nissan's
sold in Europe are made here with a few exceptions.
I doubt the 350Z will sell here. A Skyline GT-R would
have a better chance on the market. For example a Renault
Clio V6 (mid-engine 3000cc 230 hp V6) cost $33K here.
It's the 5:th generation Renault 5 evolution special.
I just took the Clio as an example as Renault own
a lot of Nissan Motor Co. and the Clio isn't going to
win any design awards either. The competition is tough.

Thomas

///
///