Re: Towing continued

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Towing continued
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:30:40 -0700
I also have one of those 2-piece towbars, that mounts to the bumper mounts
on the frame. There is a set of bolts that go thru the towbar and the
roadster frame for additional holding strength, beyond the spot-welded
pieces on the frame for the bumper mounts. Additionally, you can drill
additional holes in the frame for more holding strength. Trailer hitches on
trucks are basically the the same, held on to the vehicle by a few bolts
into the frame, and they do the job of towing many thousands of pounds. I
agree with Calspeed that you shouldn't rely only on bolting to the standard
bumper mounts.

Fred - So.SF