RE: replacing intake exhaust gasket wth engine in car.

To: Brian Hollands <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>,
Subject: RE: replacing intake exhaust gasket wth engine in car.
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
I just sent a note saying to take the carbs off the manifold, so now we
have contradicting info.  :^).  It may be different on the 2000 than
the 1600, but taking the carbs off was only a 5-10 minute operation and
saved me a bunch of time and headaches getting to all the nuts on,
especially since I don't have really long or flex extensions.

--- Brian Hollands <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com> wrote:
> Yes, there are two holes on the head and manifold under and between
> the
> intake ports that route coolant into the manifold.  It's a common
> spot for a
> leak.  It's not too hard to remove the manifold.  You'll need to take
> the
> heat shield off of the intake manifold (under the carbs).  Then you
> can get
> a deep well socket on the end of a long extension or two all the way
> back to
> the nuts underneath the intake manifold.  Don't take the carbs off
> the
> manifold - that's more work than it's worth.
> Note too that there's a third freeze plug on the block at the center
> an inch
> or two down from the top.
> Brian

=====