Re: 67.5 Key- Which Side?

To: nruff <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: 67.5 Key- Which Side?
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 07:37:15 -0500
Nathan,

It is a PO (previous owner) modification.

Look at your steering column under the dash. You should see a
hole in the column. rotate the steering wheel, and you'll find
a second hole in the steering shaft. This was for the locking
mechanism of the 67.5 model.

Most like the old switch/lock failed... and a dealer gave the
PO a '67 (not 67.5) switch. Just break out the drill bits (gasp!)
and viola a key switch in the dash!

TRIVIA: Drill bits do not work to well in sheet metal, as they
grab and twist the material being drilled. Punches, reamers,
and "step drills" work much better. OEM had punches, but that
hole looks drilled. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX