Paintings alomost done!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Paintings alomost done!!
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:32:00 -0700
Hello All,
        Well all of Irene's stuff is moved in and we are almost done painting..
Just one more coat on the trim of the bath and then I am free to work like a
crazed dog on my car to get it ready for  Shasta.  You guys should my bedroom
Walls ceiling trim everything is almost exactly the color of Ken's car Datser..
Yes thats right I have a PURPLE room!!
        On to roadster stuff.  Ken says that my camshaft is pretty worn.
There is some pitting on a couple of the lobes but the followers still look
good?
These are the old style followers.  Should I replace the cam with a new one or
have the old one reground?? What are the pros and con's??  Should I replace
the followers at the same time also??
        I am startig to have a timing chain death rattle noise for a couple
of seconds on startup.  I know that this has been covered before. But how long
can I go with this before I should change it. I am not going to be able to have
time/money to change out the chains the right way till later this summer....
Should I jsut do the chains-camshaft at the same time??
                Daniel 69 2000