Where the key is

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Where the key is
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:21:29 PDT
List,

Didn't mean to start a discussion about where the ignition key is inserted
on our cars, but why not? We talk about everything else.

I think the early 1600s 65-67 had the really cool ignition on the far left
side of the dash. Wish my 67.5 had that, but I guess they had to move it
when the windshield wiper toggle was removed on the 67.5 and replaced with a
push/pull switch on the far left side of the dash.

When I rescued SRL311-00489 from its purgatory, the ignition switch was on
the steering column on the left side with the switch facing sway from the
driver. You had to put the key in Left handed with the key facing back
toward you. No easy task when you are right handed like I am.

So the guys at CDM did me a favor and designed a flange to hang an early
ignition switch just below the dash console to the right of the steering
column. Les says it's a popular customization as the steering column switch
is a pain. Looks good too.

It gets my vote.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex