Re: US-Canadian customs.

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: US-Canadian customs.
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:20:40 -0700

Daniel Neuman wrote:

> HellO All,
>         So Ihave a new to me 68 Canadian Solex U-20 coming to me in a
> couple of days. (YAY finally Solex's for me!!!!!!!!)  I was wondering about
> customs requirements.  If anybody has had any experience with this please
> let me know.  I called customs talked to three different people and they
> had no idea even if it 'had' to 'clear customs'  I believe the shipping
> company thinks it has to..but they want to charge me a silly amount of
> money to get it thru...I am not paying someone a couple hundred bucks to
> fill out some forms for me.
>
>                 Daniel 69 2000
>                 SF CA

Daniel,
Are you talking about a complete car, or just the engine?
I live approximately 90 miles south of the Canadian border.
Most of the car dealerships are flooded with Canadian cars and trucks.
They just drive them around for awhile and sell the to U.S. dealerships as
used. The exchange rate is favorable to Americans right now.

If you need me to. I have a friend who is a dealer in Creston, BC.
I can give him a call and find out how they ship them across.
Let me know!

Mike
Hayden Lake, Idaho

P.S. If it's running, I bet you would like me to drive it down!
It's a great trip in a roadster.