Re: Fuel Mixture

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Mixture
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:53:08 -0700
Aha,
        There IS no accurate "how many turns" because each carb is a little
different, and the needle can be seated differently in the plunger.
And, indeed, the cars are pretty tolerant.
        Me, personally, I get it so it feels about right, then check the spark
plugs every so often.  If they're black, I lean it out a bit, and if
they're too grey, I richen it a bit.  Sort of a smooth whitish-grey just
heading towards dark grey is where I'm happy.  This helps with balancing
carbs, too, as it shows how each cylinder is doing...

Toby
Saab and Mug-free now...