Re: Hobbyist or Enthusiast?

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: Re: Hobbyist or Enthusiast?
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:54:07 -0700
That's actually a true story. It was reported years ago in Road & Track. A
couple of owners
of exotics had called the Rolls factory after being passed on the continent by
a Rolls sedan,
and wanted to know if this was a new model and could they buy one. Rolls knew
they didn't
have anything like that and wrote it off as people pulling their corporate leg
about not
being performance-oriented. Then a guy showed up at the Rolls stand at the
London motor show
and told them he had a rather unusual model, and asked if they'd like to see
it. Yep,
Rolls-Merlin V12, built by a friend of his who was an F1 mechanic!

--
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA