Re: New guy...

To: "Joerger" <joerger@open.org>,
Subject: Re: New guy...
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:21:11 -0500
Hi Mark,
Thanks for "signing in" with an update on the Westfield world.  I still have
my Westfield Eleven  .  .  I've finished the mechanical restoration but I
have still not mounted the new body;  diverted to other things.  Maybe your
note will inspire me to get back on it.
Cheers,
Tony
Westfield Eleven chassis #2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

I ran away from some other lists that had way too much chatter, but this is
getting too quiet for me.

I'm a long-time early lotus fan with the serious handicap of being over 6
feet tall.  This places me firmly into Chunky's "mutant" category.  About
three years ago, I decided to confront my handicap, and built a Westfield
Eleven (which does, more-or-less, accomodate my proportions).

Two years ago, it was driveable -- with some "quirks", like sudden massive
oversteer.  I've since tamed the handling, but keep searching for the
perfect carb jetting (anyone here a Dellorto genius?).

Some photos and Westfield history are up at:

http://www.open.org/joerger/westfield.html

Who else is out there??

- Mark Joerger
  Salem, Oregon