Colors (was: Elan lust abatement)

To: lotus-cars@lists1.best.com
Subject: Colors (was: Elan lust abatement)
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 02:06:12 -0700

Tim Mullen wrote:
>> Pumpkin Orange???
>> Are you referring to that wonderful Colorado Orange???

Randall Fehr commented:
> My info says "Lotus" Colorado Orange is BMW Colorado Orange.

Ummmm... well, I don't know anything about original Lotus orange
colors, but knowing the history of the car I would not be surprised
at all, if the orange color that Rod is referring to was a non
factory color.  Presumably, Rod is thinking of the color this car
was painted, before Fred repainted it Yellow.  According to Fred's
notes, he repainted it yellow in about '82, and Rod probably hasn't
seen the car since before then.

It now sports a yellow with black color scheme.  I really like the
yellow, and though my preference is for Elan color schemes that are
"monochromatic" i.e. with the bumpers done in body color, I am sorta
warming up to the black bumpers and trim on this car.  I don't think
I'm going to change it, at least not in the near future.

Erik  "Joining the yellow brigade, I guess"  Berg

PS>  Dunno what paint code it is.  Dunno if it is a Lotus color.
     It is just... ummm... yellow.   :-)

PPS> Let's not even *start* discussing John (RIP) Clark's RED CAR
     (license plate designation) that was actually painted BLUE !!