Re: The Name Game

To: rfeibusch@loop.com, rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Subject: Re: The Name Game
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 98 12:41:19 PST8

     I currently have "The Blue Car", "The Truck" (the Suburban), "The
     Santa Cruz Car" (because that's where I bought it), "Pete's Elan" (for
     nostalgic reasons).  "The Race Car" (but when I had two race cars,
     "The Race Car" was the Elan race car and the other one was known as
     "The Europa"... now both are gone).

     When I had the Elan race car, "The Blue Car", as my only running
     road-going Elan at the time, was known as "Desire" (as in, "A Street
     Car Named...").

     All tow vehicles pre-truck were various big block, big chassis 500 USD
     station wagons and all were known as Queen Mary (I, II, III, IV and
     V).  I tended to wear them out, what with slaloming them in between
     races (sometimes, I didn't have anything else).

     Then there was the 1000 pound, 200 hp (rotary), mid engine slalom
     special which an old girlfriend named the "Berserk" as a tribute to my
     driving style.  It rewarded me with a championship (talk about
     acceleration!).

     Rod

     Rod