Re: Introduction format

To: 103252.3100@CompuServe.COM, chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Introduction format
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 97 06:52:53 PST8
 Reply to:     Introduction format

Howdy, All.

Rod "Air conditioning?  Oh you mean this little vent over here...." Bean wrote:
> Oh BTW welcome to the chapman-era list!  This is where Lotus still means
> "light, balanced, basic and rear wheel drive"!

Gotta love it.  Are we having fun yet!?!   :-)

I wrote:
> I'm putting together an intro form, so that we will be able to report and
> compile this membership info, in a semi-organized way!
> Look for the "official"  intro form to be posted to chapman-era by the end of
> the week.

OK, as promised, here is a suitable form, to divulge your introductory info to
our group:

Name:                   Rod Bean
Age:                    55
Location:               southern California
Profession:             engineer
E-mail address:         Rodbean@ix.netcom.com
Car Make:               Lotus
Car Model:              '64 Elan S1
Colour:                 Yellow
Main use:               fun
Chassis layout:         frt. eng.- REAR DRIVE
Construction:           backbone chassis, fiberglass body
Engine:                 DOHC 4-cyl., 1600cc
Transmission:           close ratio
Differential:           3.90
Suspension/Brakes:      4-whl. independent, 4-whl. disc brakes
Wheels/Tyres:           cheap, hard
Trim:                   "Lotus 1600"
Other cars:             two other Elans, Europa S1 vintage racer, Suburban,
                        Miata, '88 RX7 GTU
Previous Cars:          Many sports cars, many Lotuses (Elans, Lotus Cortinas,
                        Elite S1, 7a)
Other info:             Slaloming and racing experience... instruct driving

Here's an example:

Name:     Erik Berg
Age:     35
Location:    Los Angeles USA
Profession:    Electrical Engineer
E-mail address:    erik.berg@trw.com
Car Make:    Lotus
Car Model:    `64 Elan
Colour:     primer grey at present... factory team-ish later?
Main use:    road, some autocross
Chassis layout:      front engine / rwd
Construction:    backbone chassis / grp body
Engine:     Lotus T/C at present
Transmission:    Ford 3 rail at present
Differential:     Ford Anglia in Lotus case
Suspension/Brakes:   Mostly Triumph and Girling
Wheels/Tyres:    None at present
Trim:     Standard, but may omit carpet
Other cars:    Miata, Suburban, Mazda B2000
Previous Cars:    2 Elans, Lotus 41
Other info:    Investigating Elan gearbox swaps

This is intended to be viewed using Courier, for the tabs to come out right.  If

you use Courier, and it still looks wonky, please inform me.

I encourage you to use artistic license, in filling this out.  There are no
rules.
Omit whatever you want, and add whatever you want... this is only a
rough guideline!

I'm particularly curious to see how Rod Bean is going to fill out "other cars",
because it is always difficult to keep up with his current inventory... it
changes
quite often!

Please fill out this form, and then post it to the chapman-era list.  Later I
(or,
whoever else is so foolish as to volunteer, to be the keeper of the info) will
compile all of this data into an official membership record.

Have fun with it.
erik.berg@trw.com