RE: Web Sites & Software

Subject: RE: Web Sites & Software
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:39:36 -0500
> Microsoft's efforts

Well, I'd hardly equate  Microsoft with the Borg Collective.

> Glen,
>
> Oh god, how I hate people who just roll over and give up!

Barrie,

I'm hoping there are missing smileys and that you don't really hate me for
expressing an opinion in a mailing list.  You'll end up hating a lot of
people if that's the way you think.

While I agree that Microsoft would like to have complete control of the
entire software market, most of what I hear about them is unsubstantiated
rumor, sometimes rising to the level of urban legend.  I doubt that we know
about the really nasty stuff they certainly do.  I find Microsoft products
to be both useful and well designed, and until I personally know someone
whose family is on the street because of something Microsoft has done, I'm
more inclined to look at the positive things they have accomplished as a
byproduct of their unbridled greed and cravings for power.

If anyone wants to fight the good fight for a cause, they should try helping
the poor or putting an end to all of the violence in the world.  Software is
just software.

And finally, I guess I can safely assume that you don't use a Microsoft
operating system or collaborate with Microsoft by sharing files with your
friends and colleagues tha you have converted into a Microsoft file format
that they can use...

Glen