Re: TR7 #BFH11

To: Eganb@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: TR7 #BFH11
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:33:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/00 7:16:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Eganb@aol.com
writes:

<< But I'm still concerned that a bolt may break off in the head, leading to
all
 sorts of drilling and re-threading that I definitely don't want to get into.

 So, any other suggestions on how to increase my chances that the bolts will
 come out? >>
I haven't been following this thread but the only sure way to get a rusted in
fastner out is by the application of heat, lots of it and quickly.  If its a
bolt or stud in a block...thats difficult because of the "sink" involved.  GM
and I'm sure others carry a spray that includes an acid for breaking loose
oxy sensors and the like.  You might try that but otherwise breake out the
acy/oxy!    Most manifolds are held on by studs ... yours has bolts?

Terry