Re: Tips for a first restoration

To: FJMandPMM@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tips for a first restoration
From: Bill Lattimer <m22@winternet.mpls.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 21:35:35 -0600 (CST)
> If anyone has any general tips for me about procedure or parts availibility I
> would greatly appreciate that..I'm just sort of feeling my way around in the
> dark...

I'm hardly an expert here, but one thing I learned is take on manageable
chunks of work.  When I started on my 'B, so much was broken that I just
started tearing in - and found that it was going to cost $1600 just to
get it back on the road.  Go thru the car and prioritize, with saftey
items (of course) always at the top of the list.  Get a list of parts you
think you'll need, and shop around.  Once you have all the parts, dive in
and get dirty!