Oil Treatments on restored cars

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Oil Treatments on restored cars
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 12:41:01 -0800 (PST)
Never saw the war of the Roses.

        I did want to ask you though, do you do this used-motor-oil-sprayed
onto-the-underside-of-the-car rust preventative thing on Kermit?  That would
seem to be a shame as I assume you did a lot of detail work under the car.
        I suppose it's a good idea for daily driver cars, but it would be
awful to work on a car so treated, and plus you couldn't look at the
finely-polished copper or steel brake lines and brass line fittings.
That is why we do all that polishing, isn't it?  Maybe not.  I'm not sure.
Maybe I polish suspension pieces because I'm an anal retentive restorer.
In any case, I just couldn't imagine spraying over all that work with
used motor oil.
                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6