Re: Lucas radios????

To: Bob McLaughlin <macmail!Bob_McLaughlin.SERVICE@physio.wa.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas radios????
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 20:28:25 -0500 (EST)
Bob,
Are you sure you're looking for the original radio? I only know that with
mine in the Midget I could hear perfectly what I also could hear without
the radio: the sparks in the ignition. So I had an acoustic rev counter.
BTW it (in educated words) wasn't a hit. But then, what do you expect in
a roadster?
If you still want to find such a thing, try and look for it in the flea
markets and ask the junk yards. They might not even bother take them
out of the cars.
I can see what brand actually the one at home is and tell you what in the
1971 Midget was used (at least in mine, which should be the oem one).
Or tell me if you want a polaroid picture.
Good luck on the hunt,

        Gus

Agustin de la Calle                     '71 MG Midget (red)
Boston, MA                              '88 Toyota 4Runner (V6)
delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu
                                        work: (617) 632-4754
                                        fax:  (617) 632-4393
                                        home: (617) 522-8471